About the Byron City Blog
Byron City is a small town full of great people. This blog is a Town-Hall style forum where all the citizens of Byron City contribute. They can post about the town, their home, their loves and complaints, anything they want! Some posts are random, but some follow the latest hot story happening in Byron City.
It all started in January 2011 when Mayor Charles “Chuck” Barther got his grandson Kyle to design the website. Eight months after doing zero work, Kyle threw it together in one day and charged the city $25,896.
Fun Facts about Byron City
- Population 15,722
- The original inhabitants of the Byron valley were the Qa A’tatoi, the smallest known American Indian tribe in history, numbering only 153 when discovered in the Spring of 1798. They became extinct a month later.
- Birthplace of Thomas Rathe Jr., inventor of pogo stick pads and the Easy Lifter®.
- Home of the MegaGulper, the largest fountain drink in the US, available at the local Stop ‘n’ Go for $1.99.
- Hosted the Jama County Fair in 2012, the first time Byron City has hosted since the great hog tent fire of the 1965 county fair.
- Most buffalo killed in a 24-hour period, 1890
- Winner of Jama County beauty pageant, 1970, 1971, 1985, 1991, 1993, 2005
- Byron City Football Team Regional Champs: 1982, 1985, 2008